“I'm a bit of a beading junkie, so please feel free to support my habit by purchasing a bauble hand made by me!! :D”
Where does your shop name come from?
The Jalycme is a combination of my name and my best friends name. The Moonlight Jewelry I added because of how often I am awake into the late hours of the night working on pieces.
How long have you been making jewelry?
I was introduced to jewelry making when I was a teenager and I stopped for a time when I went to college. Recently, a friend of mine asked me to make her jewelry for her wedding and that is how I started again about a year ago.
Where do you get your inspiration for the jewelry in your shop?
Inspiration is everywhere to me. Color combinations I find usually in nature. Other aspects come from a variety of places. Sometimes, it can be as simple as a geometric shape that I experiment with to create something new. I'm also a huge fan of the Victorian era pieces of jewelry. The craftsmanship at the time was wonderful and often I find a piece that inspires me to make something new out of an older outdated design. I find it fun to put a modern twist on old things.If you had to choose just one favorite item in your shop, what would it be and why?
My favorite item in my shop would be the Hematite bracelet. I just love the way it turned out. It has a modern dark metal look, but the smaller seed beads woven in soften the design to give it balance.
Jalycme's Moonlight Jewelry gives away Vampires Ball Bracelet. It’s made with blood red Czech glass beads, dark silver seed beads and gun metal toggle clasp this bracelet is as beautiful as it is dark and mysterious. This stunning piece would make an excellent addition to any vampy Halloween costume or that simple little black dress every girl has in the closet.
* please make sure to leave separate comment for each entry;
* in your comment, please include an email address so I can reach you;
* winner of the giveaway will be chosen from random.org on Saturday, November 28th;
* winner has 24 hours to answer my email or new winner will be drawn.
Here’s how to enter:
* Mandatory entry: please visit Jalycme's Moonlight Jewelry . Look at all of her wonderful products and then return to Made In Canarias and let me know 2 pieces you like.
* Extra entries:
- add Jalycme's Moonlight Jewelry as your favorite on Etsy (leave your Etsy username);
- purchase from Jalycme's Moonlight Jewelry and let me know (5 entries);
- follow @jalycme on Twitter ( leave your Twitter name);
- follow my blog (1 entry); if you already follow me you get 2 entries;
- tweet this give-away (leave your tweet link, use @MadeInCanarias);
- follow @MadeInCanarias on Twitter (1 entry); if you already follow me you get 2 entries;
- post about this give-away on your blog (leave link, 2 entries);
- grab my button (2 entries; leave a link);
- 1 extra entry for the people on the top commentators list (look at the left sidebar).
*Remember to leave your email in the comments and leave separate comment for each entry.
Thank you Jamie for the great prize!